We are lucky to be leasing a beautiful and historic farm in Hudson, NY and are proud to continue a tradition of earnest agricultural work on this land.
The six-generation family farm was purchased in 1853, after the anti-rent wars made owning land possible for the early Palatines. The property was originally part of the Livingston Manor with a continuous history of being farmed both in field crops and fruit. In the 1950’s John R. Tinklepaugh built one of the first cold storage facilities in the county and pioneered early consumer packaging of apples in 6 and 12-pack cartons, which he dubbed the Tinklepak. The historic sign on the barn dates from this era.